Monday, March 3, 2014

What’s your SFZ?

I was a little disappointed, last night, when Sandra didn’t win the Oscar for Gravity. Still, she didn’t do much acting in that movie. It was more of heavy breathing role.

I haven’t seen every Sandra movie. Sandra’s movies have been, let’s say, varied. The run the gamut, and run the gamut hard, from high minded to goofy to sweet, and from awesome to unwatchable. Sandra was awesome in The Blind Side, but that was a little high minded for me. I probably would never have seen it if my wife hadn’t been taking a film class.

(Speaking of my wife, let’s not mention this blog post to her. I mean, you paste a picture of Sandra’s head on your wife’s body in one little wedding photo, and suddenly you have an “unhealthy fixation.”)

Every Sandra Bullock fan can be placed between two of her movies. For most people, this is as easy as liking Speed, but not Speed 2. For those of us who are a little more fanatical, well, it’s complicated.

But, if we go down the list, we should be able to find my personal Sandra Fan Zone (SFZ).

So, The Proposal and The Heat, well, no help there. Those are marginally worse than Love Potion Number Nine. And stinging insects.

The Lake House, yes.

Miss Congeniality, yes, Miss Congeniality 2, are you kidding?

Two Weeks Notice, yes.

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, guilty pleasure.

28 Days, good, until you realize that it isn’t about zombies.

Yes, I think my SFZ is right between The Lake House and 28 Days.

What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment